Tuesday, May 29, 2012

SFO-MXP

may 29th, tuesday 4pm at DUS Airport

After 10 hrs 50 minutes I am now overlaying at Dusseldorf International airport. Im very tired now so list making is probably gonna be easier.
Moving out from Berkeley:
-woke up at 6am after ~3 hours of sleep.
-packed and cleaned until ~11am (im not living on the 3rd fl ever again! Unless there is an elevator.)
-last cup of vanilla latte was good :)
On flight:
-I don’t love babies, but I dislike them even more after this SFO-DUS flight. There were 10+ kids on board.
-europeans (I flew AirBerlin) do not make a mess in the lavatory. Floor and toilet seats stayed dry, no paper towel sticking out from the garbage bin.
-portion of the meal was very small, more like tiny snacks.
At DUS:
-this place feels a lot like china. Ppl don’t yield but just keep bumping into others.
-staffs—including TSA, airline crews, custom, cashier, and info desk—don’t seem to be doing their jobs. No customer service, poor English, sleeping custom, info desk talking on her cellphone/ eating snacks at the desk…
-baggage claims are located between terminals. We had to walk a looooong way from terminal A to terminal B (where im sitting at right now) for out connecting flight.
-very badly designed baggage claim area, columns every ~5 sq ft + travelers who don’t make ways for others.
-mom and I didn’t have any euros w us when we left the states(very smart of us… :/). I bought a bottle of shower gel for 2.60euros at duty free so we have change for express and metro when we get to Milan.

I guess that’s it for now. DUS-MXP flight leaving in 2 hours. No free wifi here, maybe I can read Mr. Palomar (required reading due on first day of studio!) Or sleep.


This is gonna be a FULL summer. Started w internship, moved out, 5 days in Italy, 2 months in Spain (w many weekend travels), followed by 10 more days of traveling after studio ends. Fly back home and I will need to get to SoCal for OCFair!! Haven’t checked this year’s dates yet, but I should be able to make it! :) after all that, I will need to find a job quick quick quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment